You will notice we have a new look and feel. We have changed our name from Te Awamutu Chamber of Commerce to Te Awamutu Business Chamber and refreshed the logo.
We have refreshed the website. Please have a browse at the new site and check to see you are happy with your listing on the member’s directory.
If you'd like to make changes, please email us at email@example.com
Membership Fees are Increasing
We are increasing the membership fees. The fees have not changed for many years and are well short of where they should be. We were significantly lower than Cambridge Business Chamber, and the good news is our increased fees are still less than Cambridge.
More Events On Offer
We have focused on increasing the number of events available to our members, for networking and learning. Check out our new event calendar on our new web site.
New Support Local Website
A new business to consumer web site Support Local Te Awamutu website has been launched. More to come soon.
Initiatives to Help Members
We have been getting involved in initiatives that will help members.
- Whoareweteawamutu.com to discover and then improve the Te Awamutu brand
- Digital Boost a program to help businesses learn to succeed in the digital world
- Cadetmax to help youth to find employment.
- We are also facilitating the setting up of a business incubator space in Te Awamutu. This will support young entrepreneurs and provide programs to help Te Awamutu youth find employment.
- We have started a Ram Raid Committee to support local businesses.
- More recently we have formed a Retailer Committee to help with issues that retailers face and work on initiatives that will bring more people into the town.